- Environmental Volunteering – River Otter
- Internship Program
- Language Course
- Social Volunteering
Brazil is a developing country, but despite the economic progress it is making it still has its problem areas. The most vulnerable in the poor communities of Brazil are the children, which often do not return home after school, but instead play on the streets and become easy targets for drug dealers and people who start exploiting them. Our two volunteer projects are based in Florianopolis and helps to keep children away from the streets. They help about 300 children with two projects, supervised by a specialist in educational orientation. The children’s age varies from 6 up to 12 years.
1 week up to 3 months
- Must be a current university student
- Minimum 18 years old (17 year olds are accepted with a letter of consent from a parent/guardian)
- Open minded to participate in different projects, independent and team worker
- Portuguese knowledge is preferable but not necessary (Portuguese classes available upon request)
Included in the Fees
- Application processing, interview and pre-departure information
- Pick up transfer
- Cross-cultural orientation
- 15 hours of Portuguese classes and scheduled class-related activities
- Placement in community service project
- Orientation to volunteer work in Brazil
- Ongoing support by local volunteer coordinator
- Home stay during entire program
- Meals: half-board during the home stay portion and the voluntary work portion if participant is staying with a host family (lunch must be provided by volunteer)
- $50/month: contribution to the host project
Australian Internships will assist students apply at the Brazilian Consulate for a student visa.
Please download the PDF brochure under the ‘Introduction tab’ for current prices.